- Topcon Laser Manager AppTopcon have always been at the forefront of laser level technology. Some 15 Years they were the first manufacturer to offer a 5-year guarantee on all their laser products. And back in May 2020 they launched an app to make the laser level users life easier. It is the Topcon Laser Manager App. The Topcon …
- What do A.I.’s know about laser tape measures?Artificial Intelligence is booming. And it is now becoming prevalent in our lives. I am sure tht you will have read an article written by an Artificial Intelligence program. A lot of people are using these programs to write articles on websites. Producing articles quickly and easily are the selling points for these applications. For …
- 5 of the Greatest Errors to Affect Total Station Accuracy.Total Stations are very accurate pieces of equipment that are very expensive. But they can be useless if they are affected by these 5 factors.
- Basic Guide to Machine Control.Machine Control has progressed over the last twenty plus years. It is now being used on more and more construction sites. And the projects that machine control is being used on are getting smaller. No longer is machine control just used on the largest construction infrastructure projects. As machine control becomes more popular on construction …
- Machine Control – A Brief History of Modern Machine Control.Machine control has come a long way over the last 15 years in the UK. 15 years ago, machine control was only found on the largest of construction projects. Projects that lead the way in terms of innovation, testing the latest developments with the companies that were at the pinnacle of the construction industry. Now, …
- How to setup a Total Station above a Control PointSetting up a total station with either an optical plummet or laser plummet can be quickly achieved in a few easy steps.
- Are Cheap Laser Tape Measures Accurate? (3 Models Tested)How can you know if a cheap laser tape measure is accurate? How can you tell if any laser tape measure is accurate? After all there is no physical tape measure to see. Do you just trust the laser tape measure to give you the right answer? Paying a few hundred dollars/pounds/euros for a laser …
- How Laser Tape Measures Work.Measuring distances can be a difficult task. Sometimes your tape measure is too short. Sometimes your tape sags too much. Sometimes you need someone to hold the other end of the tape. And if you have a metal recoil tape, sometimes it recoils so fast it cuts your finger. I know. It hurts. And then …
- Calibration of GPS Surveying EquipmentThere is no doubt that GPS surveying equipment is a great tool for surveyors and engineers. They allow us to easily take accurate measurements over very large distances quickly and easily. But how do we know that these measurements accurate every time? Usually, all the surveying equipment we use will be calibrated at least yearly. …
- Kaiweets KT-360a 3D Laser Level – Technical Review.Is the Kaiweets KT-360a 3D laser level any good? In this review I will be putting it through some tough tests.
- Best Laser Measure for Under $100.Buying a laser tape measure can be a difficult choice. Buying the right one for under $100 is even more difficult. There are a lot of laser measures available now for under $100 and not all of them are worthy of your hard earned money. In this article I will guide you through what I …
- Best Laser Measure for Under £50In this article I will guide you through what I think are the best laser tape measures available to buy today for under £50. And I will tell you which one I would avoid.
- Best Theodolites to Buy in 2022Theodolites are optical instruments for measuring horizontal and vertical angles in the construction industry. It is a valuable tool that can provide accurate angular measurements of any given site.
- Laser Tape Measures vs Regular Tape Measures.Measure Twice – Cut Once. We’ve all done it. We have all measured something wrong in the past. Hours of toiling, making your project perfect and then finding that final piece just doesn’t quite fit. And then that saying annoyingly pops into your head. Measure Twice – Cut Once. If it is too long, we …
- 5 of the Best Laser Tape Measures of 2022Deciding to buy a laser tape measure can be a tricky decision to make. Choosing which one to buy can be even more daunting. Here are 5 of the best laser tape measures available to buy today.
- Purpose and Importance of Laser Tape MeasuresThe purpose of the laser tape measure is to accurately measure linear distances. Being able to measure accurately has many benefits in both our personal and working life. We need to be able to communicate with each other about linear distances and understand what the distances are.
- Securing Surveying EquipmentNothing can describe that gut wrenching, sinking feeling you get when you see someone running off with your expensive surveying equipment. And you are to far away to be able to do anything other than watch
- Is a Laser Measure worth it?No matter what the cost of a new laser tape measure is, through this article I hope to share a with you how you can decide which laser tape measure will be worth it for you.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Atolla T201Laser tape measures are great tools for measuring distances accurately over small and large distances. But with so many different makes and models available how can you know that you are buying the right one.
- Best Automatic (Dumpy) Levels of 2022 for under £200This is my list of the best automatic (dumpy) levels for 2022 that are currently available for under £200. This is a much more condensed list for 2022 as there are fewer automatic (dumpy) levels available for under £200.
- Best Rotating Lasers of 2022Buying a new rotating laser level can be a daunting task. Knowing which one will provide you with the capabilities you need to do your job right is only the first hurdle.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Wesco WS8910 Laser MeasureIn this article I will be giving you my opinion on the Wesco WS8910 40m/130ft laser tape measure that I bought of Amazon in October 2021. I have been using and testing this laser tape measure over the last few weeks to see if it is any good.
- How to Measure Elevation with a Laser LevelIf you want to know how to measure elevation with a laser level, then you have come to the right place. I will share with you how to use laser levels for measuring elevations using over 20 years of experience at levelling with either auto (dumpy) levels or laser levels.
- How to Calculate Road Offset ProfilesWhen constructing a new, or even an existing road we need to be able to translate design information into practical information that can be used throughout the road construction process.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Mileseey S2 Laser MeasureLaser tape measures are great tools for measuring distances accurately over small and large distances. But with so many different makes and models available how can you know that you are buying the right one.
- How accurate can your linear measurements be?Whenever we take a measurement, we want it to be as accurate as possible. We need the measurement to be right. But we know that any measurement that we take will have an error associated with it.
- The Quick and Simple Tripod Test.One of the most overlooked part of any Surveying Equipment Kit is the Tripod. If the tripod is not maintained or checked then the consequences could be expensive.
- Are Cheap Laser Tape Measures any Good? (3 Models Tested)How can you know if a cheap laser tape measure is any good? You can look at many reviews. You can look at the specifications from the manufacturers. You can talk to friends and family for their opinion. But the only way you will really know if the laser tape measure is any good is …
- Methods for Booking a Levelling Run. The Rise and Fall Method.This is a guide to the Rise and Fall method of booking a levelling run. This guide goes through the whole process using real world figures for the calculations
- What can make a laser level inaccurate?Laser levels are great bits of kit. They provide levels lines for you to work with wherever you are. They are easy to carry around and easy to set up and work with. But only if they are accurate.
This is the website where I share the information that I have learnt, the tips I have been given and the tools that I use day in, day out whilst surveying and engineering.
Privacy and LSSLTD.NET