- Purpose and Importance of Laser Tape MeasuresThe purpose of the laser tape measure is to accurately measure linear distances. Being able to measure accurately has many benefits in both our personal and working life. We need to be able to communicate with each other about linear distances and understand what the distances are.
- Securing Surveying EquipmentNothing can describe that gut wrenching, sinking feeling you get when you see someone running off with your expensive surveying equipment. And you are to far away to be able to do anything other than watch
- Is a Laser Measure worth it?No matter what the cost of a new laser tape measure is, through this article I hope to share a with you how you can decide which laser tape measure will be worth it for you.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Atolla T201Laser tape measures are great tools for measuring distances accurately over small and large distances. But with so many different makes and models available how can you know that you are buying the right one.
- Best Automatic (Dumpy) Levels of 2022 for under £200This is my list of the best automatic (dumpy) levels for 2022 that are currently available for under £200. This is a much more condensed list for 2022 as there are fewer automatic (dumpy) levels available for under £200.
- Best Rotating Lasers of 2022Buying a new rotating laser level can be a daunting task. Knowing which one will provide you with the capabilities you need to do your job right is only the first hurdle.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Wesco WS8910 Laser MeasureIn this article I will be giving you my opinion on the Wesco WS8910 40m/130ft laser tape measure that I bought of Amazon in October 2021. I have been using and testing this laser tape measure over the last few weeks to see if it is any good.
- How to Measure Elevation with a Laser LevelIf you want to know how to measure elevation with a laser level, then you have come to the right place. I will share with you how to use laser levels for measuring elevations using over 20 years of experience at levelling with either auto (dumpy) levels or laser levels.
- How to Calculate Road Offset ProfilesWhen constructing a new, or even an existing road we need to be able to translate design information into practical information that can be used throughout the road construction process.
- Cheap Laser Tape Measure Reviewed – Mileseey S2 Laser MeasureLaser tape measures are great tools for measuring distances accurately over small and large distances. But with so many different makes and models available how can you know that you are buying the right one.
- How accurate can your linear measurements be?Whenever we take a measurement, we want it to be as accurate as possible. We need the measurement to be right. But we know that any measurement that we take will have an error associated with it.
- The Quick and Simple Tripod Test.One of the most overlooked part of any Surveying Equipment Kit is the Tripod. If the tripod is not maintained or checked then the consequences could be expensive.
- Are Cheap Laser Tape Measures any Good? (3 Models Tested)How can you know if a cheap laser tape measure is any good? You can look at many reviews. You can look at the specifications from the manufacturers. You can talk to friends and family for their opinion. But the only way you will really know if the laser tape measure is any good is …
- Methods for Booking a Levelling Run. The Rise and Fall Method.This is a guide to the Rise and Fall method of booking a levelling run. This guide goes through the whole process using real world figures for the calculations
- What can make a laser level inaccurate?Laser levels are great bits of kit. They provide levels lines for you to work with wherever you are. They are easy to carry around and easy to set up and work with. But only if they are accurate.
- Avoid these 3 Measurement Errors in Construction Setting OutSetting out on construction sites always involves either taking measurements or giving measurements from points or base lines.
- Laser Levels vs Automatic (Dumpy) LevelsLaser levels and automatic (dumpy) levels both provide levels across a building, site, field, anywhere that you need a level plane. How they do this is different.
- A Guide to Buying a Total Station.Thinking of Buying a Total Station? This article should help you decide which total station is for you. What is a Total Station? A Total Station is an instrument that measures both horizontal and vertical angles and distances. It used by Engineers and Surveyors for setting out 3-dimensional points and for recording 3-dimensional points. Total …
- Setting Slopes with a Laser Level.Laser levels can help us achieve the levels that we want or need to work to. But we need the right laser level.
- Methods for Booking a Levelling Run. The Height of Collimation MethodThis is a complete guide on how to correctly book levels taken using the height of collimation method. This is how all Site Engineers in the UK will record and work out their readings.
- The Purpose and Importance of Levelling and the Automatic (Dumpy) Level.What is the Purpose and Importance of Levelling? In Surveying and Construction the Purpose and Importance of Levelling is to find the heights or elevations of different points of interest in relation to a specific known datum. Knowing that specific points of interest are at the same or different heights or elevations is fundamental to …
- Leica Rugby 620 Rotating Laser Level Review.Thinking of buying the Leica Rugby 620 rotating laser level. Read this article before you do. With so many rotating laser levels on the market it is difficult to know which one to buy.
- GeoMax Zone 20H ReviewGeoMax Zone 20H Rotating Laser Review. One of the latest rotating laser levels to hit the market is the GeoMax Zone 20H. GeoMax is a new brand in laser level products but is part of the Hexagon Group which also has the Leica brand in its fold. GeoMax states that they are trying to provide …
- The Best Laser Levels for Outdoor UseIf you’re looking for a new laser level to use outdoors, then you want them to be site tough. You want to know that they can handle being outside in all weathers, and all conditions.
- When Laser Levels are Wrong. My Experience.Laser levels are tools used for levelling objects, and they come in all shapes and sizes. They should make your work life easier, that is why builders, engineers and construction professionals use them all the time. But what if laser levels don’t work properly? Can a laser level be wrong? Yes, a laser level can …
- The Best Theodolites for Sale in 2021: Reviews of the Top 2 ModelsTheodolites are instruments for measuring horizontal and vertical angles in the construction industry. It is a valuable tool that can provide accurate measurements of any given area. Many people need to purchase one, but do not know which one is best. The best theodolites for sale in 2021 are on the market! With not many …
- The Best Laser Tape Measures: 3 Models That Won’t Hurt Your PocketWhen it comes to buying the best laser tape measure, there are a few things you should know. The first is that you don’t need to spend a lot of money in order to have an accurate and reliable device. In fact, we’ve found three models that won’t hurt your pocket but still provide excellent …
- The Best Home Laser Levels: Accuracy and PriceOne of the most important aspects of home improvement is levelling. Whether you are installing a new floor, hanging a picture, or building shelves, it is essential to get things as level as possible. Laser levels are one of the best tools for doing this because they create a line that shows exactly where your …
- Laser Tape MeasuresLaser Tape Measures are great tools for quickly and accurately measuring distances. With laser tape measures getting cheaper all the time they are getting more popular. But is a laser tape measure right for you. And can it replace the traditional tape measure. Disclaimer. This site, and in particular this page, contains affiliate links to …
- How to Calculate Whole Circle Bearings and Distances from Co-Ordinates.Information is supplied in all manner of forms, and quite often it is not in the form that we need to use it in. We need to transform this information into a format we can use. For many years, Site Engineers and Surveyors would use Theodolites and tape measures or Total Stations that could only …
This is the website where I share the information that I have learnt, the tips I have been given and the tools that I use day in, day out whilst surveying and engineering.
Privacy and LSSLTD.NET