- When Precision Falls Short: The Quest for a Properly Calibrated Automatic LevelPaul has recently bought a new automatic level, a Leica NA332. Paul is an Architect and a person that likes learning by doing. Being diligent the first thing Paul did with his Leica NA332 was to check Its accuracy by performing a two-peg test. And this is where his problems started. And this is when I received an email from Paul, who resides in Texas, seeking assistance.
- The Precision PredicamentIn the heart of a bustling metropolis, a monumental construction project was underway. A majestic skyscraper was gradually taking shape, a symbol of human ambition and architectural marvel. Amidst the hustle and bustle of the site was Ethan Evergreen, a meticulous civil engineer with an eye for precision. Ethan possessed an uncanny ability to spot … Read more
- 5 Ways a Surveyor or Engineer can Achieve Accurate LevellingTop 5 Ways to ensure that you always achieve high accuracy on levelling traverses.
- Things you should know about Laser Tape Measures.Laser tape measures are becoming more and more popular. And part of this reason is that they are becoming cheaper and therefore no longer the preserve of the professional surveyor. They are still not a cheap as a traditional tape measure, but they are coming a lot closer. If you are thinking about buying a … Read more
- The Top 5 Features to Consider When Buying a Laser Tape MeasureLaser tape measures are a popular and convenient tool for a wide range of tasks, from construction and carpentry to interior design and home improvement. They offer a level of accuracy and precision that traditional tape measures simply can’t match. Laser Tape Measures have come a long way since the first one was introduced by … Read more
- What is the Best Laser Level Brand?When it comes to laser levels there are numerous different types available. And then there is numerous brands of laser levels. How can anyone know which are the best laser levels when so many have different capabilities and functions. There are a plethora of brands all vying to be the best in the laser level … Read more
- 6 Tips for Accurate Measurements with a Laser Tape Measure.Measuring accurately is crucial for any construction or DIY project, and a laser tape measure can help with accurate measurements. However, it’s important to use them correctly in order to ensure that you get accurate measurements every time. In this article, I will be sharing my knowledge to help you get the most out of … Read more
- How to carry out a levelling traverse or run. The Levelling Procedure.Carrying out a leveling traverse must be done to a procedure. This article runs through how to carry this out.
- Best Laser Tape Measure for Accurate Floor PlansCreating a floor plan is for a house can be a frustrating task. But it is an essential task whenever a home is to be sold or renovated. It is also vitally important that the floor plans are accurate. The implications of getting a floor plan wrong can amount to claims being made against you. … Read more
- Best Rotating Lasers of 2023A rotating laser level should make your working life easier. But buying a new rotating laser level can be a daunting task. Knowing which one will provide you with the capabilities you need to do your job right is only the first hurdle. You then want to know if it is sturdy, will the batteries … Read more
- 5 of the Best Laser Tape Measures of 2023Laser Tape Measures are great tools for quickly and accurately measuring distances. With laser tape measures getting cheaper all the time they are getting more popular. Deciding to buy a laser tape measure can be a tricky decision to make. Choosing which one to buy can be even more daunting. Through this article I hope … Read more
- The Best Automatic (Dumpy) Levels of 2023 for under £200This is my list of the best automatic (dumpy) levels for 2023 that are currently available for under £200. With inflation currently running high, this is a much more condensed list for 2023 as there are fewer automatic (dumpy) levels available for under £200. Paying under £200 for a precision piece of equipment can be … Read more
- Pros and Cons of Machine Control.There are pros and cons to everything in life, and the same is for machine control in construction. It is also easy to think that there are way more pros to machine control than there are cons. Especially if you are just getting your information from the manufacturers or websites that are selling machine control. … Read more
- Topcon Laser Manager AppTopcon have always been at the forefront of laser level technology. Some 15 Years they were the first manufacturer to offer a 5-year guarantee on all their laser products. And back in May 2020 they launched an app to make the laser level users life easier. It is the Topcon Laser Manager App. The Topcon … Read more
- What do A.I.’s know about laser tape measures?Artificial Intelligence is booming. And it is now becoming prevalent in our lives. I am sure tht you will have read an article written by an Artificial Intelligence program. A lot of people are using these programs to write articles on websites. Producing articles quickly and easily are the selling points for these applications. For … Read more
- 5 of the Greatest Errors to Affect Total Station Accuracy.Total Stations are very accurate pieces of equipment that are very expensive. But they can be useless if they are affected by these 5 factors.
- Basic Guide to Machine Control.Machine Control has progressed over the last twenty plus years. It is now being used on more and more construction sites. And the projects that machine control is being used on are getting smaller. No longer is machine control just used on the largest construction infrastructure projects. As machine control becomes more popular on construction … Read more
- Machine Control – A Brief History of Modern Machine Control.Machine control has come a long way over the last 15 years in the UK. 15 years ago, machine control was only found on the largest of construction projects. Projects that lead the way in terms of innovation, testing the latest developments with the companies that were at the pinnacle of the construction industry. Now, … Read more
- How to setup a Total Station above a Control PointSetting up a total station with either an optical plummet or laser plummet can be quickly achieved in a few easy steps.
- Are Cheap Laser Tape Measures Accurate? (3 Models Tested)How can you know if a cheap laser tape measure is accurate? How can you tell if any laser tape measure is accurate? After all there is no physical tape measure to see. Do you just trust the laser tape measure to give you the right answer? Paying a few hundred dollars/pounds/euros for a laser … Read more
- How Laser Tape Measures Work.Measuring distances can be a difficult task. Sometimes your tape measure is too short. Sometimes your tape sags too much. Sometimes you need someone to hold the other end of the tape. And if you have a metal recoil tape, sometimes it recoils so fast it cuts your finger. I know. It hurts. And then … Read more
- Calibration of GPS Surveying EquipmentThere is no doubt that GPS surveying equipment is a great tool for surveyors and engineers. They allow us to easily take accurate measurements over very large distances quickly and easily. But how do we know that these measurements accurate every time? Usually, all the surveying equipment we use will be calibrated at least yearly. … Read more
- Kaiweets KT-360a 3D Laser Level – Technical Review.Is the Kaiweets KT-360a 3D laser level any good? In this review I will be putting it through some tough tests.
- Best Laser Measure for Under $100.Buying a laser tape measure can be a difficult choice. Buying the right one for under $100 is even more difficult. There are a lot of laser measures available now for under $100 and not all of them are worthy of your hard earned money. In this article I will guide you through what I … Read more
- Best Laser Measure for Under £50In this article I will guide you through what I think are the best laser tape measures available to buy today for under £50. And I will tell you which one I would avoid.
- Best Theodolites to Buy in 2022Theodolites are optical instruments for measuring horizontal and vertical angles in the construction industry. It is a valuable tool that can provide accurate angular measurements of any given site.
- Laser Tape Measures vs Regular Tape Measures.Measure Twice – Cut Once. We’ve all done it. We have all measured something wrong in the past. Hours of toiling, making your project perfect and then finding that final piece just doesn’t quite fit. And then that saying annoyingly pops into your head. Measure Twice – Cut Once. If it is too long, we … Read more
- 5 of the Best Laser Tape Measures of 2022Deciding to buy a laser tape measure can be a tricky decision to make. Choosing which one to buy can be even more daunting. Here are 5 of the best laser tape measures available to buy today.
- Purpose and Importance of Laser Tape MeasuresThe purpose of the laser tape measure is to accurately measure linear distances. Being able to measure accurately has many benefits in both our personal and working life. We need to be able to communicate with each other about linear distances and understand what the distances are.
- Securing Surveying EquipmentNothing can describe that gut wrenching, sinking feeling you get when you see someone running off with your expensive surveying equipment. And you are to far away to be able to do anything other than watch
This is the website where I share the information that I have learnt, the tips I have been given and the tools that I use day in, day out whilst surveying and engineering.
Privacy and LSSLTD.NET